Alberta Bowhunters Association 3D Program
After a 3D Committee meeting Feb 28, 2018, subsequent review by the ABA Executive, discussion at the ABA 3D Meeting, and ABA AGM March 24 2018. The following changes to our 3D Program are in place moving forward.
The primary focus of the new program will be to support the ABA affiliated clubs (there were 15 in 2017). We still want to promote the fun and family friendly atmosphere so many of our shoots offer in Alberta. We also want to stress the need to make sound field choices based on distance and shot placement.
- each affiliated club will be asked to apply to the ABA 3D Chairperson by May 1 of each year for a $125 donation from the ABA (basically offsets the cost of affiliating with the ABA). The May 1 deadline for this year (2018) will be flexible.
- this donation will be made to the club only if they have a bowhunter type theme or component (Hunter Class) at one of their shoots.
- the donation from the ABA has to be used to supply prizes to that particular shoot and the ABA is recognized as a sponsor/donor etc. The club at their discretion, may have these prizes available ONLY to ABA members.
- the club will have to include in their application request, a poster/shoot info of their club shoot that has the bowhunting theme or component.
- this poster/shoot info will then be put on the ABA website, Facebook Page, newsletter.
- only one club shoot submission per year, shoot can be indoor or outdoor.
The ABA will supply a package to each club that meets the approval. This package will include 20-25 ABA medals to hand out to young shooters 10 and under. Any unused medals should be returned soon after the shoot.
The ABA will supply a major prize after the 3D season, $500 Gift Certificate to the Archery shop of the winner’s choice OR an ABA Lifetime Membership (worth $500) and the commemorative plaque that goes along with it. This will be awarded to a lucky winner by random draw at annual ABA banquet.
How to get entered? any ABA member who attends an affiliated club bowhunter themed shoot will be automatically entered in the draw. Each club will have to supply the ABA with a list of ABA members who attended their shoot. The more shoots the member attends, the more entries they will get, 1 entry per affiliate club shoot attended. Prizes could be added as more sponsors donate. The hunter class is left to the choice of the club on the scoring and format, we can provide packages and outlines to implement the Bowhunter Challenge Class if a club needs guidance.